Monday, October 12, 2009

He is good always!

Hello friends! So this past week...there have been some really great parts, but there has also been a really crappy part.

Lets start with the really great part first because that's wayyy more fun.

Young Life and Wyld Life this past week were a.w.e.s.o.m.e. The energy was so great and kids were so excited to be there. At Young Life we did one of my favorite games...the human piƱata. That's what's up! Duct tape was rapped around my whole body, candy stuck to the duct tape, and I was in a harness hanging from the ceiling. Kids were blindfolded, spun around, and had to hit me (with a pool noodle!) to try and get the candy off. It was hilarious! Kate gave the talk at Young Life club and Boo spoke at Wyld Life. And they both brought it! Studs.

I had a really fun conversation with two 8th grade girls, Gloriana and Dani, about Halloween costumes. This might not seem like that big of a deal, but it got me so stoked. Relationships are forming!! This is huge! -Gloriana, Dani, and I at Wyld Life club!

Saturday night I went to my first Costa Rica National Team game. Oh. My. Goodness! Holy cow holy cow holy cow. It was so fun! So so fun! I met John downtown that day, and we hung out until we had to head to the stadium. We were on a mission to find ponchos, and dang those suckers are hard to find. One would think a poncho would be easy to find in a country that has a season called "rainy season", but no no they were impossible to find. No worries though because right when we stepped out of our taxi at the stadium there was a dude selling them for 500 colones (about 1 buck.) It rained the whole entire half, but was clear by the second half! Soccer in Latin America is kinnnnda a big deal, so it was so sweet being around die hard crazy soccer fans! Costa Rica scored 4 goals too. Holler! -John and I @ the game in our Costa Rica jerseys!

Last night at dinner we were sitting at the kitchen table and my host fam had 2 TV's on. They were watching the Latin America version of Dancing With The Stars, and dude-they.love.it! They had 2 TV's on. Not just one, but 2...of the same thing! I felt like I was in a movie. That's a weird way to explain it, but that's how I felt, and I loved it. Those have been some of my favorite nights at home...watching this dance show with my host fam.

Alright, so for the totally crappy part of the week. My friend Kate, my partner in crime, my sidekick, mi amiga- she was going back to the States this weekend for her brothers wedding in South Carolina. She was going to be staying at Jessie's house Thursday night because Jessie lives closer to the airport and was going to give Kate a ride early Friday morning. Anyways, Thursday night when Jessie and Kate were headed to Jessie's place they were stopped at a red light, and 3 dudes busted Jessie's side back window to her 4-Runner and stole Kate's entire bag. Her ENTIRE bag. The girls weren't hurt at all, the guys just wanted whatever they could get in the car that they could then get money for. Kate's passport was in her bag as well, so this threw a major curve ball in Kate flying out early the next morning. I couldn't even imagine even thinking about having to miss one of my sibblings wedding, and those were definitely thoughts Kate had. Jess and Kate went to the U.S. Embassy at 8 am on Fridway, when it opened, and God's favor was totally on them. They were there for 2 hours, and Kate walked out with a replacement Visa! Praise the Lord! Delta was super helpful too, and she was able to get on a flight at 1:30 that same day! I remember the feeling of when my camera got stollen...feeling totally helpless when the guy took it, and just completley bummed. I can't explain it other then bummed. And I can't even imagine Kate's emotions and feelings. She had her camera, passport, 400 bucks cash, and everything else in her bag stollen. I know it's all just material stuff, but come on- it totally stinks hard core. Satan is totally trying to attack. Kate knew it was going to be hard to come back after being surrounded by her entire family, and then this happens which does not make things annnnny easier. So...pray for Kate. Pray that she would be able to see the Lord in all of this and that her heart would feel at peace, and that she wouldn't live in fear while living here. She is so dear to me, and I'm so greatful that she is here with me.

SO yeah, that's been the week. Real Crazy. But it's a new week now, and His mercies are new every morning. I am being reminded that He is good always. Even when crap happens and life seems to be falling through the cracks. He.is.Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment