Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Everything is going to be in Spanish next week. Yikes!

So (it's my new years resolution to start every blog post off with SO. Well, not really but if that was true things would be looking really good at this point!) I'm heading back to Costa Rica in 6 days. Holy woahhh! 6 days! How the crap did these last 4 weeks in los Estados Unidos de América go by so fast? Like really really fast. My time at home has been so rich...richer than I could ever describe. I have spent almost all my time surrounded by family and friends, knowing that I will have plenty of time to be alone (and watch tv) when I return to CR. My life here seems to be so normal. And by normal I mean I can actually order food here with out having a mild panic attack. And...I'm not confused 94% of the time. Yeah, my life in the US just isn't as funny...well, there was that one time on New Years Eve when a teacher from my high school was at the same party...yeah, that was funny.

I'm very much anticipating my return to CR though. Home is definitely comfortable, where as Costa Rica is still, even though I've been there for 5 months, on the opposite side of the comfortable spectrum. I now fully understand the meaning of a foreign country. I am super excited for everything coming up this Spring...or I guess it's considered Summer in Costa Rica now. Huh, that could get confusing. Anyways, I am way hopeful and expectant in the ways the Lord is moving in kids lives at Lincoln and CDS through Young Life and Wyld Life. And shout out to Dani and Gloriana...I can't wait to see you girls! :) There is so much going on in the next 5 months and sometimes it makes me sad to think that June will be here before I know it. My friend Susan is coming out to visit me in March. Sus is fluent in Spanish. Fluent as in she spoke Spanish before she spoke English, and I'm going to make her to order all my food for me when she comes to visit! And....we have Wyld Life camp in April, which on a scale of 1 to Awesome, is going to be Sooo AWESOME!!! And....I'm flying back to Kansas City for a week because my BEST FRIEND is getting married!

Well, there you have it...all my thoughts on leaving home and going back to the Rica. I still have 6 days left here though, which means I still have time to drink in lots and lots of English.

Adios for now mi amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment