Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A picture a day!

So. I've decided to mix things up a little bit. Ok, so in order to create some frequency in my blog updates I've decided I am going to start posting a picture a day. Now now, I'm no photographer, so these pics aren't going to be life changing or anything, they are just to give you a glimpse or a "picture" (hehe haha) at my life here in San Jose. Plus, I only have 2 months left here so I thought this would be a good way to start some consistency with good ol' fancypantelones. Ya dig?
Ok, so here's what's gonna happen. Each day I will post one picture. They will be pics of people, places, and things. And if I'm feeling real crazy one day, perhaps maybe even a video. Who knows. Don't worry, I will for sure keep posting stories, because let's be honest, I'm sure there will still be a plethora to come, but on top of that, you will get some pics. It's kinda like an Almond Joy. You get the delicious coconut chocolate goodness, and then as a bonus you get the almond. Clearly, it's a win win situation. Alright. Here you go.


This is my favorite coffee shop in San Pedro. In college it felt like I was always at a coffee shop, and recently I´ve missed that time. So, I´ve been coming here more often. Yesterday, I enjoyed a nice coca light (in a bottle!) read for a while, and worked on my young life talk. All was well.

I also have a quick story while I'm at it. Last night we had YL club at a kids rancho. A rancho is pretty much just an outside covered area, which works perfectly for club. Well, this rancho was in a baller neighborhood and it was in the area by the pool, tennis courts, and playground area. There were a handful of people playing in the area, but no one was actually in the rancho except us yl people. John asked me to fill up some water ballons for a game we were going to be doing, so I walked into the men's restroom, because the women's was on the other side. The restroom was just a single toilet and a sink. I left the door open, and didn't think twice about it being weird that I was in the men's room, because no one else was really around in the rancho area. So, I´m filling up these balloons in the sink, and this kid, he was maybe 5, walks into the restroom (mind you the door was wide open) and starts talking to me in Spanish...real fast. Like really really fast, and his voice was kinda squeaky. I didn´t understand him, so I said ¨¿como?¨and he said something else.. in Spanish. I had no idea what the little buddy said, but I heard John laughing in the background, and then the kid just stormed off. I finished filling up the water balloons, and then walked out of the restroom when John goes, ¨do you know what he was saying to you?¨ I had no idea but I figured it was something about the water balloons. John just laughed and repeated what the kid said to me...in English. This is what he said, in his squeaky fast voice. ¨What are you doing in here? This is when I said ¨what?¨ and then he said with annoyance, ¨Whyyyy are you in here?¨ With no reply from me, he stormed off....and peed his pants. FOR REAL! Little buddy PEED his pants...all because I was filling up water balloons in the men's restroom.

1 comment:

  1. I love Almond Joys. And I love your joyful stories of the mens rooms.

    ReplyDelete