Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bruce Willis is an idiot.

This past weekend we had our leader retreat...at the beach! Leader retreat at the beach...don't mind if I do! We planned all the clubs for Young Life and Wyldlife for the semester. A student from Lincoln has a house at the beach in Quepos, that her parents so generously let us stay there. We planed. prayed. played. and I can't think of anything else that starts with the letter p. But the weekend was real great. It was so good to spend time together as a team. Have I said yet I'm excited for this semester and what God is doing at international schools in Costa Rica? Stoked!

Also, on Friday I got to hang out with my friend Carolyn. Carolyn is a friend from KU who is studying abroad at the University of Costa Rica, which is no joke 5 minutes from my house. And she.is.awesome! Then yesterday after our meetings at the office Kate and I went downtown to meet up with the Hale's. Erin and Adge Hale are freaking ballers, and hilarious. It was soooo fun getting to spend time with them.

Here's a story for you all. On Sunday night I was eating dinner at my house with Luchi, Lisa, and then two of Lisa's friends, Dani, and Diego. When we were almost finished with dinner Lisa yelled for Pecas, the dalmatian. Luchi asked Lisa why she was yelling for Pecas, and Lisa told her that the bathroom door was open and wanted Pecas to come into the kitchen so she wouldn't get into the trash. Pecas came quickly, and had no trash in her mouth. BUT, as everyone was so concentrated on Pecas's mouth Bruce (named after Bruce Willis) came into the room with a tampon applicator with the plastic wrapper in his mouth. Surprisingly, I was the only one that saw this. My eyes got really BIG and my mouth literally dropped open. About a minute went by and I decided I had to do something. I had a brilliant plan. I was going to pretend I was going to the bathroom, and then find Bruce in the hallway, take the tampon wrapper out of his mouth, throw it away, and then no one would have to know about it. Well, that plan backfired. I left the table, went to go look for Bruce, but I couldn't find him anywhere. I came back to the kitchen table, and sure enough Bruce was under the table....still with the tampon wrapper and applicator in his mouth. I sat down, and had to hold myself together and try not to laugh. Two seconds later Bruce gets up from underneath the table, and puts his head on Luchi's thigh to beg for food. Luchi looked down, screamed, and then died laughing. Everyone asked what was so funny, and she pointed to Bruce with the wrapper STILL in his mouth. He's a dummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment