Tuesday, November 3, 2009

7 day forecast

Today I finally got my hands on a copy of The Tico Times! Ohhh The Tico Times. It's the English newspaper in Costa Rica. I've heard about it before, but have never actually seen it at news stands. Kate and I had to go up to Lincoln early today before basketball practice, and since we had time to waste we decided to hit up the library. And there I saw it...The Tico Times just sitting there for me to take! I was pretty excited to read about the current events going on in the country I'm living in considering sometimes I think "Huh, I have no idea what's going on in Costa Rica, and I live here!" I came to the 7 day forcast near the end of the paper and thought again to myself "Dang, I haven't seen a weather forecast since I've been here." So I decided to take a look. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the best weather forecast I have EVER seen. And by best I mean worst...but hands down most hilarious!

Friday. A thunderstorm or two.
Saturday. A couple of thunderstorms.
Sunday (here's my favorite!). A thunderstorm possible.


Really? Realllly? Is this forecast a joke? A thunderstorm possible? Really? I mean, I could have told you that, and I practically failed Meteorology class in college! There are two seasons in Costa Rica. Rainy season. and. Dry season. Right now we are still in Rainy season where it storms EVERY single day. RAIN. RAIN. RAIN. LLUVIA. LLUVIA. LLUVIA. (that means rain in Spanish :) ) It's poring rain as I type, and all the forcast says is there is a possibility there could be a thunderstorm. Really? This has to be a joke.

Other things to write home about. Today when I was walking home from basketball practice I saw what I thought was a rotten banana peel on the sidewalk, but no no it was in fact a dead rat! I thought to myself "I don't think I've ever really seen a real rat before-just ones in movies." Check that one of the life to do list. See a real (dead) rat...check!

My host Mom really liked my Lego Halloween costume. She told her entire extended family about it! There were all over here for dinner tonight and my costume was totally dinner conversation.

I just showed my host sister a picture of all the snow they got back home in Denver last week. Her mouth dropped and she said "I would die there!" I thought it was funny.

Te quiero a todos. Gracias por todo tu amor y apoyo. ¡Buenas noches mis amigos! (I love you all. Thank you for all your love and support. Good night my friends!)

1 comment:

  1. weasel, you must see banana peels on the sidewalk all the time, because that would NOT have been my first thought. THAT'S only in the movies :) miss you.

    ReplyDelete