Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween!

Pretty much I'm obsessed with Halloween. For real, I love it! I think a lot of it has to do with the season fall, but I also just love dressing up for Halloween. Costa Rica doesn't really celebrate this beloved holiday, but don't worry, there was a party! Some of the younger American teachers at Lincoln had a party, which was so fun! Brooke and Allison (the two sisters who threw the party) were such fun hosts. Their apartment was decorated perfectly for a Halloween fiesta, there were prizes to be won, and even a bean bag throw contest! So fun!

I dressed up as a LEGO! I was a little nervous Saturday morning when I set out by myself to get all the materials I needed for my costume. Nervous for two reasons. A) That I wouldn't know where to find what I needed, and B) Nervous because I was very limited on what I could ask a store employee for. BUT, I made it! It was quite the success if I say so myself. I even asked a lady in the hardware store for velcro!"Tiene velcro?" I know...pretty simple, but such a feeling of accomplishment! :) After I had bought all the materials I headed back home to start my project. It took me about 2 hours, but it was such a sweet time. I love having time to be alone, and making stuff with my hands. I had my ipod playing, and I was jamming out...all by myself. Bliss.


All around it was a great weekend. Friday night we (all of us YL leaders) went out to dinner with one of Kate's donor's who was in town from Colorado. He owns a trash company down here, and he is such a cool guy. He was so encouraging, and had so many sweet stories about different ministries he's been involved in over the last 20 years. He started the Colorado Prayer Luncheon in Colorado, which is a pretty big deal. Like I said, he had sweet stories.


I'm excited for this week- we have both Young Life and Wyld Life! Every Monday morning we (John, Jessie, Boo, Kate, and I) meet together at the office where we have a little devotional time, and then pray for each other. I love this time, and I love that it's a part of my job! The last couple days have been better in terms of not missing home. I want to be fully present during this time, and am learning that the Lord wants me to take one day at a time.
Alright, peace out for now. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment