Sunday, November 22, 2009

TOP 10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT LUCHY

Last night my host mom, Luchy, got back after being in Mexico City for a week visiting her sister. Frick, I really just love this lady. She could be the sweetest woman in all of Costa Rica. You think I'm joking, but I'm not. I'm totally serious. She is so great. For example...Kate and John came over this afternoon to watch the Bronco's game. Sidenote- I totally felt like a 9 year old kid asking my mom if my friends could come over and play when I asked her about it this morning. Anyways...we were watching the game and Luchy was cleaning. And then BAM out of no where she has a full blown snack tray and drinks for us. Again, I love this lady which got me thinking. There are lots of things I love about Luchy, so I decided to do a Top Ten List of things I love about my host mom...Luchy!
Here we go...
TOP 10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT LUCHY....
10) The way she says "Hola"- She says it the same way every time and it's always so cheerful!
9) She is so patient and always helping me with my Spanish.
8) She is an incredible cook!
7) When I say "gracias" she always responds with "con gusto" (which means with delight) instead of simply saying "your welcome."
6) She makes the best Cas in all of Costa Rica. (Cas is a fruit drink, and it's freaking bomb!)
5) Homegirl loves to dance...and sing!
4) She loves The Beatles.
3) She is always smiling...always!
2) She loves a good margarita.
and #1) She feeds me cake for breakfast!

1 comment: