Thursday, August 13, 2009

I love you more. NO, you hang up first!

First things first, this blog title is a shout out to Anna. Holler atchya' girl :) Second things second, I need to wake up for the airport in three and a half hours. Third, I've just faced the fact that I will be getting very little sleep tonight, so I decided to blog!
The last two days have been so great prepairing to leave. They have been totally enjoyable, and for the most part no stess or overwhelming feelings have taking over. So, altogether it's been a great time of packing and saying goodbyes. Which might I add, goodbyes just straight up aren't cool.
Last night my family had a goodbye dinner for me. Have I mentioned how much I freaking love them? They're so so wonderful! All my sisters were there, my brother in-laws, aunts, uncles, cousins, and two of my closest friends, Randi and Cori. There was a ton of laughing, which usually happens when my whole fam gets together, and we even snapped a new family pic so that I can show my host family in the Rica :)
After everyone had left, I headed to Wash Park to say bye to all "the girls." They wanted to get together one last time and be able to pray for me. I know I've said this before, but I'm so thankful for this group of chica's. They are a reminder of the Lord's consant provision and goodness. They challenge me, love me, and are just a ton of fun! They all layed hands on me and prayed for my heart, my relationship with Jesus, and my time over in Costa Rica. Susan, Kristin, Laura, Al, Anna, J. Heller, Bailes, Kate, and Jess Cunningham. They were all there, and it was such a sweet time. I left feeling so encouraged, reminded and affirmed that this is what the Lord has planned for me and that He has choosen Kate and I for this very opprotunity. Dang!
This morning Al came over to help me pack. Let's just say I have a mild case of ADHD (I'm self diagnosing) and it would have taken me wayyyy longer to get done what we got done if she hadn't been there to help. Thanks Al! OHHH, and we went to Chick-fila! One word for you...delicious! It was pretty much a must before I left the country, so glad I got to check that off the "To Do" list for the day!
Alright, it's bed time for me. Fun to think that next time I blog I will be in COSTA RICA! I really can't believe it. Can't wait to keep you all posted. Thanks for reading, and thanks your prayers!

3 comments:

  1. L.O.-
    Love Ya and I'll never miss you. (JK) I for sure miss you already! I hope that the 1st thing you did when you got off the place was say, "hola Madre y Papi!" - if not... then do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm in that previous comment. Please replace the word "Place" with "Plane". Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out Lis! So glad to hear about your experience so far...Mamacita, Estoy Aqui!!

    ReplyDelete