Friday, August 21, 2009

Simplicity and Hilarity...Me gusta!

I've gotten really good at taking quick showers, because typically they are very cold. BUT...today I had a warm shower, which was so so great! I've only been in Costa Rica for a week, but I feel like I'm learning to live more simply. I love that! I think this is the way Jesus intended us to live...simply.

Yesterday, John, Kate and I went to a coaches meeting at Lincoln. I'm super stoked to help coach basketball, and get to form relationships with girls on the team, and hopefully get them to come to YL club! And I'm blown away at the fact that Young Life is so welcomed at Lincoln. A lot of the administrators really support the ministry, which is awesome, and they love when Young Life leaders are around the school. This is pretty different from when I lead in college, and we were hardly allowed on the high schools campus.

Anyways...coaches meeting yesterday, hilarious! The meeting was all in Spanish. John was translating for me, but only the important stuff. I stopped paying attention for a while, which is easy to do when you have no idea what people are talking about. All of a sudden the football coach, who happened to be sitting right next to me, yelled "BLUE 42!" I jumped! Literally, I jumped. Dude needs to give me some notice next time he decides to randomly yell! Here's the funny thing though. No one else jumped, because they all knew what he was talking about previously before yelling, therefore the yelling wasn't random. But little ol' gringa me had no idea what was being said, and all of a sudden just heard a really loud man right next to me yell, and it scared the crap out of me! So I jumped..naturally! All the staff was laughing. And yes, they were laughing at me! Whatever! :)

3 comments:

  1. its like john and kate plus 8. except for john and kate plus lisa. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that all he time! oh the life of john and kate plus lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats ridiculous. i thought the exact same thing and i was going to write a comment about that but alas, i was beat to it! bah

    ReplyDelete