Monday, August 10, 2009

Oh Heavenly Day!

This past Saturday could have possible been one of my favorite days...ever. Everything about it was just SO good! I picked my best friend, my person, up at the airport bright and early. Seriously, I've never been so excited to pick anyone up from the airport. I was waiting for her at the top of escalator, and we ran to each other, and then hugged for a solid minute. Pretty sure people thought we were lesbians, but then again I'm pretty sure that wasn't the first time. We walked over to the baggage claim all giddy, and I kept saying "This Is My BEST FRIEND!" People gave us funny looks, and Jess just laughed.
After the airport we ran some errands trying to get myself ready for Costa Rica and for my big Quinceanera! Quince what? Yes, you heard me. My Quinceanera! My friends, and myself included, love having themed parties, so naturally we wanted to have a themed going away party. A Quinceanera is a 15th birthday party for girls in Latin American Cultures...aka it's a big deal. It's pretty much like a wedding ceremony, minus the getting married part.
And have I mentioned how freaking awesome my friends are here in Denver. Allison and Anna are incredible hosts. They would not let me do anything to help, and Allison put up quite the fight when I tried offering. Their love languages really are serving and hospitality! Straight up.
When Jess and I get over to the girls house that was so perfectly decorated I come to find out that sweet Allison made me a petticoat for my dress. I had no idea what a petticoat was, and then she showed me the magical gem, and I was clearly in amazement! It for sure was the perfect addition to the dress, not to mention the gold ribbon that she jazzed it up with!
So...we are at the party. Having an incredible time. AND THEN.... my friend Kate (who I'm going to Costa Rica with) walks in, I screamed "Kate," cause I was so excited to see her. Following Kate was my freaking friend Greg from college!!! AND THEN...following Greggers was my dear friend Ken Chang...in a sombrero! I screamed again, and started crying. I had no idea! Not even a clue. They came all the way from KANSAS for my 15th birthday party!!! People, I don't know the last time I cried from being so excited, but the tears of joy were definitely flowing that night! Two of my best guy friends from college, and Jess, there, at my Quincenaera. Boom!



And so many of the people I loved were at the party. It really was so fantastic. Everything about it! We ate, drank, mingled, danced, and busted up a parrot pinata. I couldn't have asked for a better going away party. I left the night feeling so so blessed! I really do have incredible friends! :)

4 comments:

  1. miss you already. p.s. the fact that you used fancy pantalones brings me great joy and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow! I love that you're a blogger..I'm so sad I wasn't at your Quincinera! It sounded heavenly. I can't wait for your new adventure! I'm gonna follow the crap out of this blog..just so you know! Love you and LOVE THAT you quoted Ann Lamott on your blog... because that woman is a friggin poet and speaks to my heart. Anywho.. I'm gonna miss you! Peace be with you my sweet sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ken and you look truly so happy. lylas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. person. i'm praying for you as i type. i'm so proud of you. go and do great things! i love you my person.

    ReplyDelete